Benefits of professional counselling for couples:
- Compassionate and empathetic, non-judgemental guidance
- Prevents you both playing the ‘blame game’
- Gives you new tools and skills to cope with current issues within the relationship and any future difficulties
- Supports you both to deal with and move on from difficult situations, and inspires the energy and creativity for change
- Effective communication
- Coping with caring
- Coping with life limiting illness or disability
- Dealing with separation
- Anger management
- Intimacy issues
- Parenting concerns
- Family, employment or debt issues
‘When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences, then love has a chance to blossom’ (John Gray, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus)
Difference can be positive when couples are working together towards the same goals and dreams. However, a breakdown in communication, or dealing with a crisis, can bring up old resentments and unresolved issues, and can lead to what seems like irreconcilable differences. When your particular situation feels overwhelming, couples counselling can provide a breathing space to help you both improve whatever circumstances you find yourself in.
Couples counselling provides time and space for clients together and if needed, individually, to talk about current concerns, and explore difficult feelings in a safe, honest and confidential space with a qualified professional.
Hazel’s goal is to help couples understand their current situation in a compassionate, non-judgemental environment. Couples can then work towards changing behaviours or the way they react to situations, to develop and heal their relationship.
Call now for a FREE, NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION to discuss your situation and current needs and an introduction to the services Branlan Counselling, West Lothian can provide.